Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

We gobbled, rested and decked the halls

So, my dear friend Jennifer emailed me today and reminded me that my last post was about my mom and that it was nearly a month old!! What on earth! Where did November go???

Thankfully mom is doing better although her recovery has been slow. In fact, we had plans to be at their house for Thanksgiving, but the doctor quickly put an end to that so we decided to host Thanksgiving here. It was a lovely time and Marc cooked one of the best turkeys I've ever had. This man never ceases to amaze me. He wins another chili cook off and then manages to make turkey taste good. Incredible! The most astonishing part of this is that he grilled the bird!! He threw it in pan and put it on the grill for a little over three hours. Amazing... (what is really amazing is that we managed to find the giblets the night before! Now that is a funny story!)

Anywho, the day after Thanksgiving brought on one of my favorite days of the year- Christmas decorating day!!! Since the weather was so cold and crummy, we spent most of the weekend relaxing and getting our house into the holiday spirit. I always love our house at the holidays. It is so warm and cozy. I love our tree and all the lights.

Ashley has loved all the decorations as well. She loves the tree and all of the lights around the house. However her favorites have been all the Christmas stuffed animals that I put out, the ornaments and a goofy leftover White Elephant gift hat that says "Merry Kris-Moose" -she loves that sucker!!!

Below are some of the highlights of the last week or so. Enjoy!
I hope it's not another month before I can post again!

No comments: