Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sad update on the Seibert's (Love One Another Post)

I would have posted this more quickly, but honestly my days have been very busy since a simple phone call. I got a call from Denise on Saturday that I will never forget. She just said that Chris was not doing very well at all and that she was scared. She said that she was waiting on a call back from his doctor and that they might have to go to the hospital and would I come watch Ethan, who had just gone down for a nap. Of course I said yes and was out the door, trying to hold it together and fearing the worst...
Fortunately it seemed the whole street was out in their yards as I ran down to their house and our other neighbor Joel followed me down. As we walked in, Denise was essentially getting the news from the doctor that Chris has entered liver failure and it was worsening quickly. We watched as Denise received the devastating news that this was the end of the road for Chris here on earth and it was a matter of days to weeks.
I have to be honest, I have never been around anyone when that news was delivered and to watch this strong, brave woman literally crumble onto the floor was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. (let alone processing the fact that our friend is dying...)
It has been a whirlwind couple of days full of phone calls trying to set up hospice care, priests, help from friends, care from strangers, etc. I have been truly blown away by the kindness of strangers and the sheer numbers of true angels that have come out in this time of need.
That said, they are still desperately in need of financial assistance. The medical bills are staggering and will only get worse in this last stage of care. Then the real challenge of trying to heal emotionally and take care of a child on her own will set in. I am praying for more angels to step in and make this a little easier on them financially.
Most importantly though, I ask that if you are reading this, please stop and say a prayer for them. Pray for peace, strength, wisdom and comfort and BOLDLY ask for a MIRACLE! I know it is God's time and not ours, but I also know I serve a merciful God and that He has the power to heal what medicine cannot. I praise God for the work that He has already done to answer so many prayers.
Here are some websites again:

http://www.ourseibertfamily.com/
this is to donate to the Seibert's

http://livestong.blogspot.com/
The Seibert blog that should be updated soon by a friend that is staying with them (thank you Amber!)

http://devine-memories.blogspot.com/2008/08/plea.htmlHer
This is the photographer's website. She is also a good friend of Denise's and has been posting needs for the family

http://themillermemo.blogspot.com/
This is another neighbor and friend, the Miller's. Mitzi is setting up meals and care for the family.


Thank you so much for caring enough to do something. Whether it is prayer, donations, food, etc. it all counts and it is all very much appreciated!

3 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

I am so glad you sent me your blog address -- I had lost it during a computer crash several months ago and couldn't figure out how to get to it again.

We will definitely lift up this family in our prayers. This scary cancer is touching our hearts especially close these days with Kevin's brother.

Please keep us posted...

Melody said...

I'm so sorry to hear this - there are no words to even say at a time like this. I pray that God will comfort you as well as this family & that He will give them as much time together as possible.

Mitzi said...

Lauren,
Thank you so much for being there for Denise during the most difficult of times. You got the ball rolling, and had the most important tasks taken care of within hours. You are a true friend and have helped in ways that most will never know! Keep us posted on what more we can do.