Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Puerto Vallarta's Top 10

HOLA!!!
Well, we're back to reality... and home from Puerto Vallarta. We had such a wonderful time with Marc's family down there! Ashley had such a good time too!! It was a week of so many firsts- first trip, first plane ride, Mexico, pool, bath, more foods than I could list, hotel stay... I could easily keep going.
The good news is that it was all one big happy adventure for the little miss. She did wonderfully!!

We stayed at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta and it was just breathtaking! I must say, I have stayed at many beautiful places around the world and this one is definitely at the top of the list. Everything was just so spectacular! For instance, the entry hall to the hotel is amazing... you walk into this dimly lit vault of a room that makes you think you are walking right into a pyramid or something out of Indiana Jones... You look up and surrounding you are about a dozen 30-40 foot tall Mayan Warriors!!!!! WOW! The first time we walked in, I couldn't stop staring up and saying "Whoooaaaa" with my mouth gaping! People probably thought I was a little slow, or sheltered, or both! But it was just incredible.
Anyway, we had a great week of relaxing at the pool (all 85 of them or something ;) ) going around the lazy river (which Ashley LOVED!) and hanging out in the room playing cards or watching Spiderman (awesome!). Marc was able to play 3 rounds of golf and I even got a wonderful outdoor massage! What more can we ask for!

I could go on and on but as I thought about it, I managed to boil it all down to...

The Top Ten Things that made this Vacation Rock!!!!!

10. Benadryl and a Snugli- Helped Ashley sleep for the majority of both flights... many fears were relieved!

9. Guacamole- Fresh and wonderful and anytime we wanted it! YUM!!! Thanks Mom and Meli for making it so yummy!

8. Brookstone White Noise machine- This sucker is worth it's weight in gold! It is small, very portable and helped Ash sleep like, well, a baby the whole trip!!

7. Lands End Swim suit- OK, I know this is an odd one... but I don't think I have ever owned a swim suit that I actually loved. Until this one! It has a little "swim mini" skirted bottom to it that is wonderful! I can play with Ashley in the water and walk around after and not worry about the dreaded jiggle as I walk! Yahoo!! I would live at the pool this summer... if it would ever stop raining!!

6. The Nice guy at the AA check in counter- Another odd one, I know... but when you are loaded down with 2 huge suitcases, a pack and play, a set of golf clubs, a stroller, three carry ons and a baby and you hear that 2 of your bags are over the weight limit b/c of the 70 diapers and 24 jars of baby food that you had to pack.... well, when the check in guy says that he will pack the diapers in a brown box and allow you to move the baby food over and check an extra bag for free, and allows the other bag to be just a few pounds over.... Well, he deserves a nod at least.
(actually I wanted to kiss him, but I thought that might be a little weird) :)

5. The Lazy River- The epitome of relaxation. Only problem is that we could only go around once or twice at a time b/c it would start putting Ashley to sleep!

4. A Great Book- My dear friend Kellie let me take her book "Julie/Julia: My year of Cooking Dangerously" with me on the trip. It was GREAT! A bit of tacky language and some political views I had to look past, but other than that this is one of the better books I have ever read. Really funny!! I highly recommend it!

3. Immodium AD- Nuf said...

2. The Wave Pool- My version of the perfect ocean. No fish nibbling at you, no sand in places you need no exfoliation, and no salt water gargling. Perfect, just perfect.

And....

1. FAMILY! We had so much fun with everyone! Ashley loved all the attention from her Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and of course Nana and Gran. We loved learning new card games, playing with the kiddos, and eating ALL the yummy food! (Yes, Fajitas DO taste better in Mexico!)

What a blast! It was very hard to come home and we can't wait for the next big advanture!


** Keep on going for pictures **

2 comments:

Allie said...

Oh, that sounds wonderful. I wish we were there right now! I am glad you guys had fun. If it does stop raining we will have to hang out at the pool together.

Alyssa said...

What a fun trip! I am glad that Ashley did so great and that y'all had such a good time :)