Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Remember when I said I wouldn't be an overreacting parent??

Well, apparently I lied...
I have to preface this by refferring you to the previous post where I say Ashley is happy 99% of the time... well, yesterday she was not.
It all started at 8am when she woke up crying- well, screaming is more like it. :( To say this is unlike her is an understatement! I usually walk into her room in the morning to her smiling huge and playing with her stuffed animals. So, when she was really upset, right away I knew something wasn't right...
Well, she continued screaming for an hour and a half! She wouldn't eat, couldn't be comforted... even my best silly noises and faces wouldn't bring out a smile... it was so sad! :( So by 9:00 I was a wreck and positive that there was something horribly wrong with my sweet girl. I called the doctor and got an appt. for noon (and then was frustrated they didn't have anything sooner!)
Well, by 9:30 I was tired of the crying, and apparently Ashley was too b/c I was able to rock her to sleep- which I haven't been able to do in about 4 months! She slept until 11:30 when I finally woke her up to go to the doc.
She was lethargic and hot and now I was positive there was something very, very wrong...
Well, have you ever heard someone say that the best cure for a child is to walk into a doctor's office???
Wouldn't you know that as soon as we get to the doctor, Ashley is beginning to be her usual self! I was releived yet very confused... how could my sick, sick child be acting so... well... so, healthy?!?!
Long story short... they checked her over. No fever. No ear infection. No bowel problems. No bone issues. Her throat was a little red... could it be strep???? No.
Guess what my poor poor baby was suffering from????
TEETHING!!!!!!!!!
What?!?!?! Not some rare disease? No horrible ear infection? Just her teeth acting up? I went to the doctor for TEETH??
Apparently even though she has already cut 6 other teeth, the seventh one was a real doozy. She finally cut it today and has been acting just fine since we went to see Dr. Nail. (as long as she gets her tylenol every 4 hours!)

Moral of the story-
Even happy little girls get sad every once in a while. The sky will not fall, it does not mean she is deathly ill. Just give some tylenol and wait a bit before you call the doctor... If it's been more than a few hours- then you can calmly and silently freak out!
I am so glad she is ok, though!!! Darn teeth!

No comments: