Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Right Now

 


I have always been the type of gal that looks ahead to the future. When I was a teenager, I couldn't wait to drive. When I was in High School, I couldn't wait to go to college. When I met Marc, I couldn't wait to marry him. Always looking ahead to the next step- that's me...

Well, I find myself doing that with Ashley all the time... I can't wait until she walks, starts talking, can swim- you name it! I catch myself all the time dreaming of her future! Well, it dawned on me today that if I keep dreaming of what will come in her life, I am going to miss out on all the wonderful things of today... so I thought... What do I love about RIGHT NOW?

So, Right now....
I love that she has finally fallen asleep and is hugging her "sleepy bear" with other various stuffed animals and blankies that she has pulled out of her toy bag.

I love that when I feed her in her high chair, she opens her mouth like a little bird.

I love that she LOVES cheerios, baby goldfish, shredded cheese and her newfound fav.- shaved turkey lunchmeat.

I love that she has figured out how to crawl after me into the bedroom and bathroom. She thinks she is so cool!

I love that she has figured out that Pete likes to sit on the chair in our room and that she can go say hi to him whenever she wants to.

I love that she can't take her eyes off her daddy.

I love that when we are driving around in the car she stares out the window and takes it all in.

I love that when a fun song comes on she starts "dancing" by shaking her head.

I love that her favorite toys are the wipes holder, a bottle filled with macaroni and rice and an empty tube of diaper cream.

I love her little snaggle teeth!

I love that her bow stays in her hair!

I love that she can be totally cranky and I can start singing Old MacDonald and she will instantly start smiling.

I love that she LOVES Wheel of Fortune and the Stanley Steamer commercials

I love that I am getting to plan her first birthday party!

I love that she is a happy kid 99% of the time and that nothing ever seems to get to her too much.

Well, I am sure I could go on-- that's the funny thing, once you start thinking about what is so great about today, you forget about all you have planned for the future! I think I will try to think about "right now" a little more often!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Howard said...

SO true! I'm just like you- always looking towards that next big thing. Thanks for the great reminder to live in the NOW!!! Enjoy the ride, right?!
I might have to copy your idea and do a post like that for Caden, because I loved what you said so much. Very cute.
Ashley sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!