Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yucky week...

I think I need a disclaimer on this post... I debated even posting it. It is personal information and sad and not about Ashley ;), but this has been weighing on my mind all week, so I figured I needed to "let go and let God" and the best way I know how to do that is to ask for help...
I have always heard that bad news comes in three's and it sure did this week... please keep these dear friends of ours in your prayers. It is so hard to see people hurting or hear bad news...
First, our dear friend Laura has been put on bedrest for the remaining 11 weeks of her pregnancy due to high blood pressure. She's got a long time to go before we need to meet her sweet baby!
The same day, a senior at FHS was killed in an accident. It is such a tragic loss... his poor family now is going to funeral services instead of graduation parties... how sad. Plus, our neighbor's daughter was good friends with this boy... I can't imagine the questions and heartache she must be feeling.
The very next day we found out that our friend and neighbor, Chris, was diagnosed with colon cancer... I am just still in shock about this. He is so young (32) and healthy. He has a sweet baby boy who is about to turn a year and a loving wife... he has so much to be strong for! He underwent surgery this week to remove an 8" section of his colon. They got it all there, but almost 50% of his liver has already been covered in cancer. So, once he has a chance to recover from his surgery, he will start chemo... This battle will be a long, hard one and he needs all the strength from above he can get...
It is times like these that you become acutely aware of all your own blessings. You also become aware of how fragile life is... Thank goodness God's hands are stronger than mine.

No comments: