Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 31, 2007

Getting ready for school

What a week it has been! I haven't been this busy in a long long time. The reason for all the hustle and bustle is that I am going back to work. In May, I decided to accept a position teaching the 4 year old class at our church preschool this fall. http://sunshineschool.prestoncrest.org/ .
I figure it is a win-win-win situation . It is only two days a week, I get paid a little and Ashley gets to go to school there for only $25 a month. You can't beat that deal!!
This last week we had three workdays and the week before we had 2, so I feel like I have jumped back into working with both feet! Ashley seems to enjoy herself up there although she does get really worn out since she really is not on her usual napping schedule when she is there. Hopefully that will work itself out over time. I have really enjoyed it though. It feels so good to get back to what I love doing and I am soooo excited that I am teaching the little ones again. I feel like I am going back to my "roots". When I was in college, I never dreamed I would be teaching elementary age kids, let alone 5th grade!
I also have loved the difference of working in a private Christian atmosphere! The changes are tremendous. Let me just share with you a few comparisons:

PUBLIC ......................................SUNSHINE SCHOOL
fairly strict dress code ..............wear whatever you want! Yea!
you buy pretty much all your supplies .....Huge workroom fully stocked!
PC discipline ............................rewards based on the Fruits of the Spirit!
Don't mention holidays let alone God ......Memory verses and chapel every day
36 some odd kids every day ............EIGHT students!!! Woohoo!

These are just a few differences, but it really is amazing to me! It is just very refreshing. While I always loved where I worked and who I taught before, this just feels so right to me. I am looking forward to this year and all the surprises and challenges it brings!

No comments: